MEMSI: A Fully Immersive Program for Aspiring Hardware System Innovators
Hong Kong | Shenzhen, China
Applications for the June 2017 session are due on Friday, March 24, 2017 at 8pm ET.
Are you an aspiring entrepreneur? Curious about what it takes to build a startup based on a product with both hardware and software components? Want to learn how mass production works in China? Join us in Hong Kong for MEMSI!
MEMSI is a two-week long, fully immersive bootcamp for aspiring hardware system innovators from universities in Hong Kong and from MIT. We cover travel and program expenses! In two action-packed weeks, students will:
- Meet and work with like-minded innovators from several continents
- See how mass production happens in real life via factory tours in China
- Choose a customer problem to solve, create a solution, build a prototype, develop a business case, and present their venture to thought leaders, alumni and friends on Showcase Day
- Develop a strong entrepreneurial spirit and build hard and soft skills that will help them succeed, whatever career paths they may choose after graduation
Check out our pictures from the January 2017 session!
Applications open to all students from freshmen onward. Apply now!
January 2017 Cohort Statistics
“I felt like I learned a lot during such a short amount of time, and was exposed to many topics that are simply not mentioned in our coursework. Not only that, I was able to befriend so many talented and wonderful people (students and staff alike) from Hong Kong and MIT that I would otherwise never have had the chance to.”A MEMSI Student
“Absolutely amazing experience of learning business and engineering building your product at the same time. I had a fantastic time working with my teammates on your project and even better time chilling out with the rest of cohort in our downtime. I’ve learned to appreciate the team work and I had absolutely terrific team members, the one outside of this program can only dream about.”A MEMSI Student
“Friendship!! Excellent People!! Amazing team chemistry!! Awesome lectures and practices!! Heartbeat when you do presentation in front of all the smart and incredible people!!!! Kind help from everyone there!! Lots of parties (official and unofficial) happening during and after the whole program!”A MEMSI Student
Application Timeline for MIT Students – June 2017 session
(Tentative, subject to change)
- Applications open at 8am, Eastern Time, on Monday, March 6
- Infosessions will be held at MIT on March 7, 8 and 9
- Applications close at 8pm, Eastern Time, on Friday, March 24
- A select number of applicants will be invited to interview with us during the weeks of April 3 and 10
- Students will be notified of their acceptance status by April 12
- Accepted students must confirm their attendance by April 14
Application Timeline For HK Students – June 2017 session
(Tentative, subject to change)
- Applications open at 9am, HK Time, on Monday March 27
- Infosessions will be held on various HK campuses
- Applications close at 8pm, HK Time, on Friday, April 14
- A select number of applicants will be invited to interview with us
- Students will be notified of their acceptance status by Friday, May 1