It’s not a bootcamp if it’s not intense.
MEMSI (MIT Entrepreneurship and Maker Skills Integrator) is an adventure that will blow your mind away.
Students from MIT and Hong Kong will get together and form teams. You will build a hardware startup in just two weeks. You will see how mass production is done in China. You will build prototypes with your own hands. You will build a business model that makes sense. And you will pitch your startups to more than 100 people on Showcase Day.
You will discover weaknesses you never knew you had – and strengths that help you soar. And you will make lifelong friends, and become part of an international community.
We cover travel and program expenses. But let that not be the reason you apply.
MEMSI is not edutourism. MEMSI is a life changing experience. Join us if you are ready to unleash your inner hardware entrepreneur.
Please note that we are only offering MEMSI in January. There is no MEMSI Summer 2019.
- Applications open: September 24, 2018.
- Application deadline: October 14, 2018 at 8PM EDT
- Info-sessions: September 26 and 27 at 6PM EDT, E40-160
- Acceptance notifications: Week of Oct 22, 2018. Accepted students must confirm their attendance within 48h.
- Cohort Finalized: November 2
- Orientation for January 2019 Cohort: November 5
Hong Kong Students
- Application deadline: October 14, 2018 at 8PM HKT.
- Info-sessions: September 26 – October 3 at various campuses in Hong Kong. See info-session calendar.
- Interviews: October 29-30 and November 1-2 at select campuses.
- Acceptance notifications: November 5, 2018. Accepted students must confirm their attendance within 48h.
- Cohort Finalized: November 7
- Orientation for January 2019 Cohort: November 8